Sunday, January 9, 2011

December Adventures

We have had a fun filled December. JJ and her kids were able to come out for a few weeks and it was a lot of fun. (Oh, for those of you that don't know, we moved to Utah.) JJ kept saying that whatever Matt did it had to be extreme, for example: going sledding on the side of a dam at midnight (multiple times), playing "nerf wars" at night in the house with nerf guns, going fishing in below freezing temperatures (he drug Brian with him), taking all the kids sledding on a "real" sledding hill, canyoneering in Southern Utah .... to name a few of Matt's adventures in December. However, this one would have to win it all. It was so much fun and we will definitely be doing it again, but the whole time we were there I kept hearing JJ's voice in my head saying, "I should have known whatever Matt planned would be EXTREME" Matt and I drug our kids with Jackie and Brian and their kids up the mountain with snowshoes on and pulling some of the kids in a sleigh, and holding some. It was a ton of fun. Matt found a good spot and so we stopped, built a fire and cooked hot dogs and marshmallows. All of the kids had a great time. Porter kept saying, "FUN." Finn fell asleep. I wish I would've gotten a picture of him up there.






Matt, JJ, Kip and I took Fischer, Brooks and Aiden skiing. They all did really well and we had a ton of fun. It was quite an ordeal to get going, but when we did it was a lot of fun. We thought the kids would last 2 hours, max, but we skied for almost four hours.

Matt and Fischer
JJ and Brooks.
Matt Dad let us join them to a Jazz game. It was a ton of fun!! Brooks came with us and I think the kids liked the Jazz Dancers more than the basketball game.... but they had fun!
Matt, Kip, Kyle and Mark went canyoneering in Southern Utah. They had a lot of fun.
Tribe Pride, Get Some!!!
For the last two years Matt's mom has put on an amazing race for the kids and their spouses. The last two years Lindsay and I have been partners. It is a ton of fun. This year we came in last place, but I think everyone else cheated. :-)
Aiden, Brooks and Fischer sledding.
Matt and Soph.
Here is a picture of all the cousins. This was the best we could get. Porter, Aiden, Finn, Fischer, Tillie, Sophie, Cate and Brooks.

None of my kids cried when they say Santa! Pretty exciting!
Finn just stared at him.
Fish was excited to tell him what he wanted.
The fam.
Here is picture from our good bye party in San Jose. I remembered right as everyone was leaving so just a few made it in the picture. We had so much fun living in San Jose and made so many great friends that it was hard to move. Sophie and Fischer keep asking when we're going to go home. I try to explain that we live here now. We had a pool in our complex and so Fischer keeps asking to move back so we can go swimming. We sure made a lot of good memories there. It is sad to move, but we feel blessed to at least have been there for a short time and to have been able to meet so many wonderful people.


4 comments:

Brennen said...

We miss you!

Leila said...

Looks like you guys are having a blast being back in Utah! Can't wait to see you soooooon!

LJABC and D said...

fun, thanks for posting! but I want to see the whoopee cushion video.

Kelly said...

I am so glad you moved to UT!!! We will be there in May for 2 months! You guys will have to teach Sam how to Ski he wants to so bad. I only know how to snowboard and he isn't interested in that :) Sophie looks so much like you I LOVE It! Miss you guys!
Kelly