This is my third post of the night. Matt just fell asleep on the couch while we were watching a movie. He used to get so mad at me for falling asleep or multi-tasking while we watched movies, but he is the one that fell asleep tonight! He is turning into an old man. We have had so much fun this weekend. Fischer just loves having Matt home and follows him around the house. Sophie won't stop staring at Matt. Matt can't talk while I'm trying to feed her because she just turns her head looking for him.
We had a really fun 4
th of July weekend. We both love the Holiday and were excited to spend it in the 'Burg. Matt's favorite 4
th of July was when he was working in Alaska. It was a small town 4
th of July, just what he likes. I don't have a favorite, I love them all. Long Beach, Washington is AWESOME on the 4
th, we wish we could go every year. PC is great with the pancakes, run and parade, then watching the fireworks on the golf course by Mark and Terri's house. What great memories!
Busch Gardens had fireworks on the 3rd and 4
th, so both nights we drove out to the road by the park, parked and watched the fireworks. It was great because we just sat on the car, didn't have to walk or deal with cars, and were home before the roads got crowded. It was perfect

Fischer playing with his fireworks, as he called them. They both loved the fireworks and watched the whole show.


We made blueberry pancakes with strawberries and whip cream to celebrate the 4
th. Matt made his look like a flag.

I thought my presentation looked better.
IHOP, here I come!

How can you resist this face. Sophie will smile for anyone anytime. She is such a cutie! We still aren't sure what her eye color will be. Matt thinks they're blue but I think they still may turn brown.

Sophie's favorite thing to do now is suck on her toes. We went to a little festival at the Wren Courtyard with kids games, food and music. Sophie liked the music.

Fischer was able to do all of the little games they had. He knocked down the milk jugs! Trust me, it wasn't as easy at it looks.

While I went running in the morning, Matt got the kids up, dressed in their 4
th of July outfits, took pictures and then walked to the store. Aren't they cute?!?!?!

If you think Sophie looks big, she is! She is off the charts for height and in the 75% for weight. Matt is excited and hopes she's tall and plays basketball. I'm just sad because I'm sure I'll be the shortest in our
fam, since I already am in my family.

4 comments:
great times! you are right, sophie is a big girl! taylor has the "big" thing down pretty good. you should see her thighs. Glad things are going well for you guys...miss you around here!
You are such a cute family. Yes, Soph looks huge (in a good way). Jonas is in the 25th percentile for height and weight, and the 95th percentile for his head. Hmmm. I'm trying not to worry, since Jared was the smallest in his class 'til he was a freshman. Wow, with my genes in the mix our kids don't have much hope!
Way to go Matt on getting the kids in their 4th of July outfits.
It's good to catch up. It looks like your family in in full gear for the summer and you are back on your feet after getting that cute baby here. Thanks for letting me 'take a peak' at what you've been up to. You have great kids! Wish I could meet them.
How come every time I call you never answer. I swear, it's like you are busy taking care of 2 kids on your own and MOVING or something. Anyway, love the pictures and Brooks keeps telling me "our (except he can't say the r) baby is like Sopie". It's really cute.
Post a Comment