Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sophie's B-Day

Sophie turned 3!! We have been talking about her birthday almost everyday for a month. She was so excited to have a Birthday and it be a Princess Birthday! She is such a funny girl. She has two sides to her. She loves anything Princess. She wears a dress up princess dress almost everyday and sleeps with one. One night I went in her room to check on her as I was going to bed and she had a princess dress on. She had changed into it after I thought she was asleep. But she also has a crazy side to her. If she doesn't have a princess dress on she doesn't like to have any clothes on. I have to talk to her just about everyday about keeping her clothes on. She loves to jump off things, especially couches. She will not eat any fruits or vegetables. Jackie can get her to eat things once in awhile, but if I give them to her she will not. She has gone to bed hungry many times because of this. I sneak them in her food, but she will not eat any knowingly. She does not like chunks in her food, like fruit in yogurt. She does not like her food mixed. She will not eat a sandwich, but she will eat bread, cheese and lunch meat. She loves to color, as you can tell from our walls and tables. She loves books. She would sit and look at books all day. She loves the color pink, but I'm still trying to push her to like yellow. She loves Finn too much. If she gets close to him he just starts crying. She tackles him and sits on him like a horse, so I have to keep my eye on him at all times. She loves Fischer. She laughs so hard at all of his funny jokes. They are so silly and crazy together. They just run around the house laughing and saying silly things. She was so excited to turn 3, but now if you ask her how old she is she says, "I'm almost four."

She knows how to get Matt to do anything for her. If I say "No" she goes straight to Dad.
I love this picture. She has crazy hair, riding a bike, with a pink tutu, ballet shoes and a purse.
She loves this picture of herself and cracks up every time she sees it.
She went rappelling with Matt!! I thought she wouldn't do it, but then when she was done she wanted to do it again! So she went again.


Soph with me and Jess. We met Jess and Hawley in St. George last month. Soph loves being one of the girls.
Sophie likes to be held a lot, and she can usually convince someone to hold her. But how can you resist her? She got Jess to hold her on a hike in Zion National Park.
Sophie gets herself dressed in the morning. This is a typical day. Stretch pants with a long sleeved shirt, cowboy boots, a backpack or purse, sunglasses upside down and a book.
Sophie kept telling us how excited she was for us to sing Happy Birthday and say her name. Her expressions were priceless while we were singing to her.

She was so excited to open anything princess.
I felt bad about not making a cake for her birthday party, so I decided to make her one on her actual birthday. I had seen a cake that looked like the skirt to a princess doll. Sophie has one so I made a cake and then put the doll in it. However, I didn't look at the doll before I made the cake and so instead of the cake coming up to her waste it came up to her knees. So it turned out to be just a cake with a doll stuck in it.
Finn trying to open her presents.
Soph helped me make the cake, in her princess dress of course.
McCall and Jerilyn came up for her Birthday. She was excited to see them and told me that when they got to our house she was going to squeeze them so hard their heads would pop off.
We love our Sophie girl! We call her Sophie, Sophs, Sophie Dophie, Soie Doie, and our little Princess. She told me once, "Mom, you call me Sophie Dophie sometimes. My real name is Sophie, but you can call me Sophie Dophie because it's silly."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sad we missed little Sophie's birthday. Looks like it was a lot of fun. You are such a great mom Jordan!