Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Sophie Anne is 4!!

I haven't posted in forever!! I was trying to post more often but that went out the window once it was Christmas time. So Sophie's Birthday was a great reason to post!!

Here are some of Sophie's favorite things: (This is long!!)

Color- Pink and all of the colors in the rainbow
Movie- Anything, but she loves Cars II. She laughs out loud through most of the movie.
Song- Soul Sister, she thinks it says 'Soph Sister'
TV Show- Anything, but as of today she likes Jake and the Neverland Pirates
Favorite Food - Candy, yogurt, grilled cheese sandwich, steamed broccoli, ice cream and more candy!
Favorite thing to play - Dress up!! She is always in a dress up princess dress with matching crown, gloves, glass slippers, rings, necklaces, etc.
She loves to put on lip gloss, make up, and paint her nails.
She chooses how to do her hair each morning and lately it has been one side in a pony tail and one in a braid.
She picks out her outfits every morning. The first thing she does when she wakes up is get dressed. Sometimes she matches, sometimes she doesn't, but I don't really know when she does or doesn't match, so I let her wear whatever.
Every night she gets out everyone's tooth brush, puts toothpaste on them and lays them out in a straight line.
She loves to read books and will read to Finn.
She still loves and sleeps with her blanket and 'Quack Quack'. (a penguin)
She is a candy addict. If there is candy in the house she will find it and eat it. She knows that when JJ comes, she has candy in her purse and her kids have candy in their backpacks. She always finds it and eats it.
She often prays that "Mom won't get angry or yell." (which makes me feel really good. :-) )
She still prays for my Mom. She used to pray, "That Yaya will get better." After over a year of telling her that Yaya is better now, she now prays "That everyone in the whole wide world will get better except for Yaya because she is already better."
She asks when Yaya will come down from heaven so she can see her.
She is very sensitive to people getting angry at her. If we're in a hurry and I say, "Sophie, get your shoes on, hurry, hurry!!" She'll say, "Mom, please don't be angry and yell at me."  I'll say, "I wasn't yelling I just want you to hurry."  Sophie, "Well your voice wasn't very nice. I didn't like it."
She can be so sweet one minute.... (Fischer was sad because he ate his treat really fast and it was gone and sophie still had some left.. Sophie said, "Here Fischer, have half of mine. And when I eat my treat really fast, you can share with me."
However, she is still high and low. She is so sweet one minute and the next she is screaming at the top of her lungs. One day I was at Target with all three kids, which doesn't happen often, and she was screaming at the top of her lungs. Everyone was staring at us. I was trying to drag her, but it wasn't working, so I sat her down and was trying to talk to her. At this moment Finn took off running and Fischer started pushing the cart down the aisle. It was quite a scene. She can be quite stubborn!
She plays really well with Fischer and Finn.
She loves giving Juneau lots of loves and treats.
She loves to swim.
She loves to run, kick a soccer ball, and ride bikes and skooters.
At night she likes me to sit in the room until she falls asleep which can be 5 - 60 minutes. She will be lying down with her eyes closed and then pop up and say something random like, "Last night (which means anytime in the past) I didn't go to my normal school. We had a party and I rode on all of the rides." or "When it's morning we need to take our vitamins." She usually has five or so random things to tell me and then she lays down, closes her eyes and goes to sleep.
She always says, "This is the last one, I promise." or "One more, I promise. Really mom, really."
My Mom always said I would have all boys and they would all be wild animals.. well I had a girl, but she is definitely a wild animal. Sometimes I feel like I have to herd her rather than get her to do what I want.
She loves preschool. She always says, "Mom, don't walk me in. Just drop me off."

 I bought this at Costco and after we got it on the cart Sophie sat on one side. The kids rode like this through the whole store.
 This is how Sophie laughs. She laughs a lot.

 Notice the rainbow candies on her cupcakes. I got the idea from JJ.
 Sophie loves horses. Here she is riding with Jess. She was in heaven.
 And of course she picks to ride on the penguin.
 This is an attempt of a group picture of her preschool class at the fire station.
 Sophie and Fischer put on each other's clothes.
 She loves to play in the snow and to eat snow! We're still working on not eating brown or yellow snow.
 She loves to dress-up!
 Matt made a big plate of quesadillas for everyone. Sophie took one bite of each and made a rainbow.
 Rappelling with Dad. She loves it.
 This is her most certain favorite outfit that's not a dress or skirt. It is a struggle to get her to wear socks or any kind of coat, jacket or sweater.
 She loves to put clothes and shoes on that she finds in my closet.
 Playing in the snow. Notice the pants!
 Sophie put some make up on by herself. Very beautiful!
 Her Birthday cake at her party.
 We had friends, balloons,...
 a rainbow made out of tissue balls,....
 rainbow streamers...
 rainbow jello...

 and even the inside of the cake was rainbow. (However the cake was awful... i don't think any of the kids ate it.. that's why I made cupcakes out of a box the next day. Much better. I am NOT a baker.)
And here's all of her friends at her party! Notice the cut rainbow pants and rainbow shirt. It was a fun rainbow party! She loved having a Birthday and being the center of attention! She is a fun girl and love her so much!

4 comments:

LJABC and D said...

I love Sophie!! She is such a great kid and I lOve the random things she says. Her party looks awesome. Happy birthday sweet Sophie!

Lindsay said...

We sure miss little Sophie! It looks like she had a great birthday. I love the 'rainbow' theme. Very cute :) Happy happy birthday to Sophie!

jess said...

She is the cutest little girl in the world! I love that in the quesadilla picture she has on her flower girl dress from my wedding haha. Miss you!

Britney said...

Happy birthday Sophie!! We miss your adorable face!