Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Weekend with Matt

Well, I posted more pictures to this post and they went to the top of the post so my pictures and the text are out of order. I tried to copy and paste but I deleted them, so I'm not going to try that again. Here is Soph smiling again in her car seat. Her favorite thing to do is hit the rattle on her car seat. When we're in the car I know she's awake when I hear her rattle.
Fish and Matt at the 4-D show at Busch Gardens. Awesome glasses!!
Fischer didn't like this ride. You can't see him but he's sitting next to Matt.
Fischer loved this ride. It was a good break for him after the last scary ride.
After we got home on Saturday we went to Busch Gardens for a couple of hours. Since Matt was with us, we were able to take Fischer on some rides he needs an adult to go on with him. After a couple of rides he said, "Mom, I'm tired." But since we were there already we made him ride a few more rides. I felt like such a bad mom, here my child is telling me he's tired and I'm making him go on more rides. We went to a 4-D show. He liked it but was nervous when bees were flying at us. Matt just took his glasses off and he was fine. It was a lot of fun to have Matt around for the long weekend. He didn't leave until early this morning, so he'll only be away three nights this week.


I am just sitting here waiting for Matt to call before I go to bed. Both of the kids are asleep and the kitchen is cleaned so I thought I would post some more pictures. On Friday I took the kids up to DC to see where Matt is living and working. We stayed up there on Friday night, went to a few museums on Saturday morning and then headed home Saturday afternoon. He works in a building just South of the Capitol, in the Canon Building. He has written a few bills and went in the room when they were negotiating the bill he wrote and so he was on C-SPAN. He is really enjoying his job at the House of Representatives, but hates the traffic. It takes him an hour and a half to commute 6.4 miles.




Fischer's favorite part of the day was chasing the birds.
He loved the giraffe. The carousel was great. It went fast and lasted quite a long time. It was fun to have Fischer ride on the carousel because I'm sure I rode on it when I was younger.
Fischer loved the airplanes.





5 comments:

jonna said...

whoa? what is matt doing? I am not sure you ever said. Sounds pretty interesting and intense. How long has he been living away? when do you move back together? details!!!

by the way, cute kids. Sophie looks like you!

Jessie said...

It's so fun to see these pictures! You look just like Jackie in that strawberry picking picture--I thought it was her for a second! We pick our produce around here, too. Don't you just love those U-Pick farms!

Fischer and Sophie are so darn cute. I can just see Fischer and Ella Adams, and Jonas and Sophie Meyer. Oh, the possibilities!!

Cianne said...

When exactly are you going to add me as a friend to your blog list? I mean, I check on you all the time! Geez.
I am so envious that you were up in DC. I love that carasel on the Mall. It is the fast one around and the price isn't too bad either. My girls loved it. My kids also think that the giraffe is hilarious.
We went strawberry picking last week, too. Caleb ate about a pound of them while we were there. He and Fischer must be pretty similar-Caleb has a fit if I take him out of the swings.
Love ya

Cianne

Cianne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Birches said...

Hi Jordan! It's Marina, remember me? It's been a long time! I saw your last name on Kendra's blog and had to check it out! You had another baby!!! Congratulations, she is adorable! And I can't believe how big Fisher is! He looks so handsome! Hope you guys are doing great!!!!!!