Thursday, October 9, 2008

Matt the Hunter (This is a PG-13 post)
















Matt the mighty hunter just returned from hunting last night. He has been putting his name in a lottery to hunt in an area called Elk Ridge (near Moab, Utah) for the last ten years and he finally drew out this year. So he went out to Utah and hunted for a week. His whole motivation was to provide his family with meat for the winter. :-) He was able to freeze and bring some of the meat back. I choked down venison for the first year of our marriage, but I won't eat it anymore. I tried to eat it to save money, but it's just not worth it. Matt says its an acquired taste, but it's one taste I am not going to acquire.


Matt went with his Dad, two brothers Curt and Kyle, his brother in law Casey and his friend Nate, although Casey and Nate are like brothers. They had a great time and Matt hasn't been able to stop smiling since he got back. Before Matt left he told Fischer he was going to shoot a big deer. While he was gone I thought Sophie had pink eye (false alarm) and so I took her to see the doctor. The doctor walked into the room and Fischer said, "My dad is going to shoot a big deer." I was quite embarrassed and tried to shush him before she figured out what he was saying. He would randomly go up to people and tell them the same thing all week. I must say though that I am glad that Matt knows how to use a gun. If times ever get really bad Matt could provide us with meat. (And I'm sure he would love to provide anyone else with meat since you can hunt pretty much as many deer as you want in Virginia.)


Well, Matt shot a big deer and had a great time so I think the hunt was definitely a success. Good job Matt!!

2 comments:

LJABC and D said...

That is one BIG deer! Seriously though, I have never seen a deer that big. I didn't think they really got that big. SO nice work. Lewis will be totally jealous, he thinks he's a hunter too. Anyway, congratulations and I love that Fischer was announcing it to the world, you need to move here, no one would even notice!

kurt said...

Great deer!!!!! We are proud of you Matt, so keep up the good work of hunting for all of us. Maybe we can have venison for Christmas dinner. I also like Fischer and the just say no picture. We have a great time in Mexico and now back to the real world. Good hunting pictures. Thanksd