Our little Valentine's Girl turned one!! We started the day by watching Matt play in a basketball game. Both of the kids had fun. We then spent most of the day just playing around the house with the kids. I think the kids loved it because they don't usually get both of their parents playing on the ground with them for long periods of time. We had pizza, cupcakes and opened presents that evening. It was a fun day! We are so grateful for our sweet little princess Sophie.
Sophie is such a sweet girl. She laughs and smiles all the time. Although she is a happier child than Fischer, she is still very stubborn and already wants things her way. She climbs up and over things and has just started trying to run, even though she can barely walk. She is very particular about what she will eat. She shakes her head back and forth letting you know she doesn't want it, or picks up the food and throws it. If I do get it in her mouth she just spits it out.
Sophie got a birthday card with a baby on it. She picked it up, pointed to the baby and said "baby". I had no idea she knew what a baby was or that she could say baby. Here are the words she can say:
Dada, Mama, fsh, hi, nana(which means no), wawa, baby
Here are the names that we call her:
Sophie,
Sophie Dophie,
Sophs
Soph
Soie
Soie Doie
Princess Sophie
Princess
Fischer calls her Soie, so that's what we have been calling her lately.
She seems tall for her age, but we'll find out in a week how tall she is.


Sophie loves her dad. Whenever Matt walks into the room she smiles, fake laughs, squeals and then crawls over to him. (she knows she can crawl faster than walk so when she's in a hurry she crawls) She only squeals for Matt. I never hear her squeal except trying to get Matt's attention.

She also loves Fischer. If I'm trying to put her down for a nap and if she sees Fischer I know it's over because she just starts laughing every time she sees him. They have started to play together. Fischer runs around and Sophie chases him. They wrestle a little and Sophie just laughs the whole time. I think Fischer is a little rough, but Sophie loves it.



Here are the fun decorations!

Sophie talking on her new phone.

Fischer helped her open her presents.

She opened most of her presents by herself.

She did not like the cake or frosting. She wouldn't even touch it. She did like the sucker on the cupcake, so that's what she ate.


The fun cupcakes that Fischer helped me make. I made an adult chocolate heart cake from scratch which was delicious. It had a butter cream frosting on top which melted in your mouth. I didn't get a picture of it though.


Our neighbors stopped by to wish Soph a happy Birthday. Both Sophie and Fischer love our neighbor Logan, so whenever she comes over we have to watch our kids like a hawk to make sure they don't tackle her.

Happy Birthday Sophie!
2 comments:
I can't believe she's one already! happy birthday sophie!
Hey! We went to SUU with the girl in the blue American Eagle sweatshirt! How funny. I don't remember her name though. Looks like you had a fun party!
Post a Comment