Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sopie is 2!!!

Here is our little Sophie right after we brought her home from the hospital! She was such a cutie and still is. Here is a little bit about Sophie:

Nicknames: Soph, Sophs, Soie, Stinker, daddy's baby, daddy's princess and she calls herself mine or my.
She loves the color yellow. She would wear yellow everyday if I had enough yellow clothes for her. I tried to pick out a red dress for her Valentine's day birthday, but she insisted on a yellow dress.
If you ask her how old she is she says, "baby".
She loves to play guns and light sabers with Fischer and begs me to watch Star Wars.
Her favorite thing in the whole world is a little penguin she stole from my brother Kip who is in Argentina right now. She calls it her "quack quack." She puts it up to her nose and calls it giving her quack quack loves.
She also has two blankets that she loves and her pacifiers of course, especially the yellow one.
She loves to eat noodles, yogurt, cheese, cereal, orange juice and dad's special toast with cinnamon sugar on top. She loves ice cream. She has since she was little.
She loves ring around the roses and to play hide and seek. She will close her eyes, count to ten (which consists of about five numbers) and then find whoever is hiding. She isn't too good at hiding because she can't stop giggling.
She is a great sleeper and still takes long naps. She loves her crib and never cries when I put her in it.
She loves Fischer and follows him everywhere, does everything he does, and repeats everything he says. Today she kept saying "oh, nuts" all day.
She loves to ride Fischer's scooter and can pedal and ride her tricycle by herself.
She picks out her clothes everyday, puts her pants on and shoes by herself.
She has started to say "mine do it" for everything. She gets into the car by herself, buckles her top buckle, takes off her diaper before getting in the bath, feeds herself, reads books to herself, just about everything she can do by herself she insists on doing it.
She loves to help me cook and whenever she sees me stirring something she has to help.
She is a fast runner and is gone in two seconds.
She is crazy at the playground and can go up scary ladders and loves it.

That was probably more than you wanted to know about her, so hopefully you just skipped over most of it.


She has the biggest cutest smile. She has always loved sitting in baskets and boxes, she still does this!
This is what happens when you have an older brother.
This is Sophie last year.
She didn't like the cake, only the lollipop on top.
This is Sophie on her birthday. Fischer helped me decorate the cake. That is why she has so many candles. She picked out Winnie the Pooh candles. She likes Winnie the Pooh because he likes to eat yellow honey.
Opening presents. She now loves the book "Go Dog Go" (thank you Grandma and Grandpa) and she also likes "Good night moon"
This is the dress she picked out. She got another lollipop this year. If you see a little bit of hair sticking up in front of her pony tail, that is where Fischer got out scissors and cut her hair. He gave me the clump of hair and said "look mom, I cut Sophie's hair." Sophie was very happy with the new hair do, I wasn't as excited about it.
This weekend Jess and Hawley came up to visit. We had so much fun. Jess helped me decorate. The streamers and balloons we all torn down before I took a picture.
On Saturday we celebrated Sophie's birthday by going to the aquarium in Monterey. Jess and I took the kids. Matt was able to go to the golf tournament at Pebble Beach with Hawley. Matt had a great time and has decided to quit his job and golf everyday hoping to make the PGA tour in a couple of years. (he wishes) After the fun day we had a birthday dinner for Sophie. Here she is wearing Hawley's glasses.
The night before we went miniature golfing. Fischer had two holes in one!
I gave the kids carrots to eat. Here is what they did with them. I don't think either of them ate a bite of carrot that night. Hawley was a good sport.
Jess got some good snuggles from Sophie all weekend. I don't think I held her once!
Sophie blowing out her candle at her birthday dinner. She loved the attention and kept saying "my birthday Fischer, my birthday."
Sophie and all the boys at her birthday dinner. What a lucky girl!
Sophie loves penguins (quack quack's). We tried to get a picture of her looking at the camera with the penguin in back, but she wouldn't take her eyes off of the penguins. She kept saying, "hold it mommy, hold it."She loved the penguins and gasped with excitement the first time she saw them.


My mom got Sophie this yellow Easter dress. She loves it. The first time she saw it she begged me to put it on her.

Thank you to everyone who wished Sophie a happy birthday. She felt very loved and was so excited to open all of her cards and presents. She is our a little Valentine princess and are so grateful to have her in our family. We love you little princess!

4 comments:

Leila said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOPHIE! I love her little sprout. I miss you guys! And I'm so jealous Jess and Hawls got to visit!

Britney said...

What a sweet little girl. I loved all the 'facts' about her. She and Ava are the same with loving Starwars!

And my favorite picture is her shooting her doll in the head!

LJABC and D said...

Happy birthday Sophie!! She is so cute, I'm glad she got to see the quack quacks in real life and I love that dress mom sent. Adorable and yellow!!

Comarsh Crew said...

Oh how cute. I loved reading all the things about her. She is such a sweetheart - perfect Valentines baby!